Monday, October 11, 2010

Juvenex Spa in New York City, NY

Juvenex Spa in New York City, NY Julie tab, your guide to spas, visited this 24 x 7 day spa in September 2002

My turn came in Penn Station 10: 15 am and 15 minutes later, I was my shoes for a pair of sandals in Juvenex Spa share.This 5,000 square metres for women Spa located at 25 West 32nd Street between Fifth Avenue & Broadway in Korea town, is only a short walk from the train station and is 24 hours a day, 7 days, enter the week opens. the building through the Korean health food stand, take the elevator to the 5th floor and spa like no other.

After I checked in at the reception, led Sun me on the curved planked bridge where I was instructed to leave my shoes and Sandalen.Sun has shown me to the cabinets, a soft green chenille robe and towel enthalten.Off clothes and went on the robes but not for long.

The Jade igloo

I wanted a Korean body scrub followed by a massage and mini facial.But first, I would experience the Jade igloo and glass gem.A jade igloo made of 20 tons jade ceramics that imported mine in Korean sits in the middle of the Juvenex.Es from Chun chon is a thermal sauna which heated infused the advantage of offering dry heat jade and Chinese herbs. After Sun extended contact with jade benefits include increased metabolism, improve blood circulation and relief from arthritis. benches line the perimeter within which herbs is infusion Iglu.Eins Mudwort which is said to clean women reproductive systems.

I was asked to take a quick shower, then spend my head 10-20 minutes in the igloo of the microelements scattered through the heated jade cradled to absorbieren.Ein of wooden "cushion", as I hugged ski carriers and the heat on the bench.

Waterfall shower and Japanese soaking pool

If I had all the heat I could take, I left the igloo hung my towel on the hook, was dragged under the nearby waterfall shower and the ring.Cool water washed away all the sweat.I then climbed into the cool Japanese soaking pool found an underwater Jet and relaxed for a few minutes.

Glass herbal steam bath gem form

My next stop was the gem-shaped, glass, herbal steam bath. See the banks that the inside of the glass enclosure were lined with branches of the cedar and one box of Chinese Kräuter.Der grey green jade floor was dark brown stained with tannins of cedar.The steam rolled up and the glass rooms with pleasant aroma gefüllt.Ich Cedar remained in this space for only two or three minutes, then hit the waterfall shower and soaking pool again. I then repeated the process.

Korean body peeling

It was time for the Korean body peeling. I went to wet communal area in the corner of the Spa where there were four gray massage beds and rose to a covered me with my towel. Angie, my therapist, the a licensed Korean massage therapist 15 years since has appeared shortly after, gave me a quick smile and withdrew the towel. I was in that all together for the next hour and a half or so.

Spatip1: Nudity is the norm in Juvenex Spa just for women. If, however, you with uncomfortable revealed who bring a bathing suit.

Angie dipped a large bowl in a ceramic sink with warm water and squirted it on my body. Once I was thoroughly soaked, set yellow peeling gloves, the of made a nubby substance rubbed with ivory SOAP and started to scrub. And scrubbing.And scrubbing. Strong.Everywhere. Up and down.For 40 minutes.When you finished, my Haut.Weitere hummed waves of warm water flushed, the old skin off my body and SOAP.

Next came the massage.Angie covered me with towels (the only time I was covered in this treatment) and pressure, my muscles slowly started, deep, apply.Use your hands and elbows, then climbed on the table and used her knees and Füßen.Es felt great! then off came the towels and to nourish the massage oil on the skin.Angie gave me an acupressure massage.It felt great!Angie completed with a massage of the Bauches.Es not Groß.Ich felt had a similar massage in Thailand (Chi NEI Tsang in chiva SOM) had and found it also uncomfortable.I hooked until it probably worse gemacht.Allerdings did I see what wanted to be the full treatment.

Spatip2: Make sure that the therapist to tell if something is unpleasant.You can either make the note or skip this part of the treatment.

Angie also washed my hair with tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner and gave me a anwenden.Wenn mini-facial cleaning and a cucumber mask everything was over, I showered and headed back to the jade igloo.My skin was very soft.

Tea chairs

I finished my Juvenex visit to one of the three tea chairs, beautiful wooden chairs from Cedar, bamboo and branches the Mountain Laurel with a hole in the Mitte.Eine Bowl dampen sound Chinese herbs was placed under the Chair.I sat on the Chair and steam, triggered by the Loch.Dieser Gyno steam is believed to prevent that PMS and yeast infections and help to balance the body.

Baked clay sauna

While I try it on this visit Juvenex has another unique room, a baked ton low temperature Sauna.Clients have a milk bath then spend time skylights bask under the inner, while red on the ground detoxifies the body and provides Cedar aroma therapy.

Also offered

Juvenex has five multi-purpose treatment rooms for massage and skin care, a VIP room for hydrotherapy, and European services to wet range body treatments from high-tech Endermologie and hydrotherapy drainage for cellulite and inflation control to heated and oiled natural river stones, the aching muscles to beruhigen.Energie balance therapies include Asian massages acupressure, shiatsu, reflexology, to stimulate energy zones and meridians, to unlock the imbalances Amma and consist of a purified Korean red clay, the body itself to heilen.Facial services helps vitamin C antioxidant therapy, oxygenated marine ion therapy and algae rejuvenation.

Future plansAccording to owner Michael Modiri SOAP with micronized jade has ordered was for the body peeling verwenden.Auch, Spa is a male currently in the planning stage and will be built on the second floor in the same building decor are more masculine but is there another jade igloo. next time if I hour or so before you catch a train or meeting in Manhattan, I'll be sure to stop "The Jewel of New York." by Juvenex, dieFotos copyright 2002, Julie register
Licensed to about.com
Unless marked * courtesy of Juvenex Spa are let your voice be heard! votes in the Spa site surveys share your spa in New York on the Spa site Forum in the "share your spa experience" folder experience.Please help, support this site by displaying the which appear.Like this article? would you like more? check the older features out

View the original article here

No comments: